History of the school
The language of the educational process is Ukrainian.
Order of 01.09.2022 No. 243 "On Ensuring the Functioning of the Ukrainian Language as the State Language in the LHVS №29 (view)
HISTORY OF THE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION
The princely city of Lviv has always been famous for its artisans. There were workshops for gunsmiths, shoemakers, and potters. For centuries, the city lived and developed, concentrating a large production potential that required highly skilled personnel.
Lviv Higher Vocational School №29 is a vocational educational institution that is part of the education system and provides degree training of highly skilled workers for the machine-building, automotive, food and other industries in Lviv, Lviv region and Ukraine.
The school was founded in 1944 as a vocational school No. 3. By order of the head of the Lviv Regional Department of Labor Reserves of 01.09.1955, No. 216, the school was reorganized into School No. 8.
According to the order of the head of the Lviv Interregional Department of Vocational Education of 19.08.1963, No. 442, the school was reorganized into the City Vocational School No. 29.
According to Order No. 59 of 20.03.1990, the Ministry of Public Education of the Ukrainian SSR reorganized the school into Lviv Higher Vocational School №29.
Over 14,000 skilled workers have been trained since the school's inception; training and retraining of workers is ongoing.
The educational institution closely cooperates with Lviv Regional and City Employment Centers, Lviv College of Food Industry, Lviv Polytechnic National University, and Ivan Franko National University.
The school has the following facilities for the educational and production process: a four-story academic building and two two-story academic buildings, a social and household building, a boiler house, a forge, a training and practical center for the direction of "Motor Vehicles" (at 116 Shevchenko St.); a dormitory with 250 seats; a training bar "Smak" (at 20 Eroshenko St.). Shevchenko, 116); a dormitory with 250 beds, a training bar "Smak" (20 Eroshenko Street); a locksmith workshop, a manual electric arc welding workshop, a car maintenance workshop, garages (10 Kortumivka Street). These premises are equipped in accordance with the requirements of today's requirements: training and production workshops, laboratories, classrooms, 2 computer laboratories connected to the Internet, an assembly hall, a gym, a gym, a dining room for 120 seats, a library with a reading room and other premises for educational purposes that meet sanitary and technical standards and allow to train 850 students.
The school has 7 training and production workshops that correspond to the training and production program.
For the training of professional junior bachelors in the field of Motor Vehicle Transport with a specialization in Maintenance and Repair of Cars and Engines, and in the field of Food Technology and Engineering with a specialization in Food Production, the school has classrooms and laboratories designed and equipped to meet the requirements of today.
The goal of the school's staff is to form students into modern specialists who would possess deep professional skills, knowledge, organizational skills, scientific thinking, creative systematic research approach to solving problems of organization and functioning of enterprises with the appropriate skills to continuously update and enrich their knowledge, know the basics of market economy, and apply them in practical activities.